Monday, April 19, 2010

Doctor's Appointment - 28 weeks

It's been almost 2 weeks since my appointment. I'd love to say it wasn't very eventful - but that would be kinda a lie. The time with the doctor was fine - she pushed around on my belly, listened to the babies heart beat, asked some questions, and we talked about classes and such.

After that was the part that wasn't so fun.

They checked me for anemia and diabetes. Which means I had to drink this sugary orange Koolaid stuff then wait around for an hour while it got into my system. Then they had to take blood. The drink they gave me reminded me of Hi-C's Slimer flavor drink for the 90's. Anybody else remember that?

When it was time to draw blood they couldn't find my veins and had to poke me 4 times. I still have 2 massive bruises on my arms from where they poked me (yeah, 2 weeks later!) After some pain and torture they said they wouldn't call me with the results unless there was a cause for concern.

So guess what happened the next Monday? You guessed it! I got a call from the doctors office. When I called back no one would take my call so I left a message. Four hours later - right before the office closed - I called back because I wanted to know what was going on! Finally someone told me. Come to find out, my call was a mistake and that I was 'just fine'. Thanks for freaking me out then freaking me out more by not calling me back...

No comments:

Post a Comment